Doing your Placecheck
When we have sent you the link to your online Placecheck, pass it on to anyone you want to take part. They can then contribute to the Placecheck either on their own or with others on a walkabout, and either on the streets or at home.
Here is how to use the Placecheck web app:
- Click on the link that we have sent you (or paste it into your browser).
- Register (if you have not already done so).
- Log in. This will make the Placecheck buttons appear.
- Click on the button for the marker you would like to add, for example ‘Add something I like’.
- Click on the map where you want to make a comment.
- Click on ‘Save to map’.
- In the box that opens, write the title (eg ‘Park gates’ or ‘Litter’) and under ‘Description’ write what you want to say about it.
- Click on ‘Save’.
You can return to your marker later to delete it if you change your mind, but you can not delete what someone else has posted.
After the walkabout
At the end of the walkabout, get everyone together to discuss the points they have raised. Talk about what you decided you liked, disliked and thought you should work on. Find out what people agreed and disagreed on. Try to put your likes, dislikes and action points in order of priority. Make sure that someone makes a note of the main conclusions.
Now it is up to you to decide how to take things further.